Non Standard / High Risk Auto Insurance
What is High Risk Auto Insurance?
Many people have less than perfect driving records. High-risk insurance, or more commonly "Non-Standard" insurance, refers to an auto insurance policy that is given to a high-risk driver. The General® specializes in providing coverage for those drivers who are considered "high risk."
More people today are categorized as high risk than there were just a decade ago; as a result, non-standard auto insurance policies are much more common. How do you know if you're considered a "high risk" driver?
- If you've had your license suspended or revoked and requires an SR-22 policy for reinstatement. The Registry of Motor Vehicles in your state will notify you if you require an SR-22 policy. The General® can help you acquire the proper documentation for reinstatement online within minutes.
- If you are 70 years old or older. While some insurers view you as "high risk," The General® views you as an experienced driver who deserves an affordable auto insurance policy.
- If you are 20 years old or younger. Again, while other insurers view you as "high risk," The General® believes you deserve a fair auto insurance quote and we won't penalize you because of your age. Instead, we'll work to customize a policy that fits your insurance needs and your budget- low cost auto insurance made easy.
- If you have a history of auto accidents or violations. Other insurers may try to keep you off the road, but The General® can give most drivers an auto insurance policy that will keep them insured. We'll even offer you discount points over time for keeping a clean record and being a cautious driver.
In the past, high risk auto insurance was difficult to come by and usually so costly that few drivers could afford it. Luckily, The General® has helped countless drivers secure affordable high-risk auto insurance. We offer non-standard policies with the same flexible rate plans and outstanding customer service as our standard policies.
Get a free auto insurance quote in 2 minutes or less and let us help you get on the road, legally.
Auto Insurance with a DUI or DWI
If you have been convicted of a DUI, you know that it can be a long and costly road back to the driver's seat. One thing that doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg, however, is your post DUI auto insurance. We have helped many drivers find an affordable option for car insurance post DUI or DWI conviction. In fact, it's a specialty of ours.
We can walk you through the whole SR22 filing process securely and confidentially. There's no need to fill out reams of paperwork or spend days on the phone waiting to speak with someone. We can give you DUI auto insurance rates in a matter of minutes right from your computer. Or, if you prefer, you can speak with one of our helpful and knowledgeable agents on the phone who can assist you with any questions about high risk or post DUI auto insurance you may have.
Car Insurance For Bad Drivers
If you've been involved in prior traffic accidents, have a history of traffic violations, or been convicted of a DUI/DWI, insurance companies label you as a bad driver and make it very difficult for you to secure affordable auto insurance. Many insurance companies simply won't take the risk. But we are different.
We've helped secure car insurance for bad drivers for years, enabling them to get back on the road legally and with peace of mind - knowing that should they be involved in another accident, they're covered.
If you thought you were out of options, we'll gladly prove you wrong. Not only is car insurance for less than perfect drivers affordable, but we make it convenient. Right from your computer, you can get a rate quote, sign up for coverage, pay your premium, and even print out your very own proof of insurance card.
In other words, you could go from no insurance to driving legally in a matter of minutes. Now, what could be easier than that? We even allow you to budget your premium into monthly payments if that works better for you. We take our customer service very seriously whether our customers have perfect driving record or not. Find out today how good car insurance for bad drivers' can be.
The General® Says "Yes" When Others Say "No."
If you've had trouble purchasing a policy from other auto insurance providers, give us a try. Not all insurance companies offer policies to all drivers, but our business is built on giving our customers the coverage they need-- even if they have less than perfect driving records, policy lapses, or no prior coverage. Insurance companies are not required to cover all applicants and therefore many choose not to. In fact, some insurance companies only accept drivers who have been previously insured, are over age 25, under age 70, and have perfect driving records.
But there are millions of us who don't fall into those categories. This is why The General® specializes in providing auto insurance to drivers who:
- Have never been insured
- Have had a lapse in their prior coverage
- Have had accidents and/or violations in the past
We provide affordable coverage by quoting and selling auto insurance online. Our expenses are lower and we pass the savings on to you in the form of low down payments and low premiums.
Get a FREE, no-commitment auto insurance quote today in just 2 minutes or less.