The General® is excited to offer low cost auto insurance in the beautiful state of Nebraska. As any good Cornhusker knows, “there is no place like Nebraska.” In fact, Nebraska offers some of America’s most spectacular road trips. Here are just a few that you might inspire you to take a cruise with your newly insured vehicle:
- Lewis and Clark Scenic Byway: Imagine your family car is a covered wagon while reliving Lewis and Clark’s 1804 expedition along the Lewis and Clark Scenic Byway. This easy drive stretches 82 miles from north of Omaha to South Sioux City on U.S. Highway 75.
- Lincoln Highway Scenic and Historic Byway: This stretch of road bisects Nebraska, and was America’s first transcontinental driving route between the East and West Coast from San Francisco to New York.
- Gold Rush Byway: Between 1874 and 1881, this route was used to transport more than $200,000 worth of gold from the Black Hills daily. Today, it remains one of the most scenic and historic roads in the nation, where you will witness impressive sandhills, pine-covered buttes, rolling hills, and lush river valleys.
- Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway: Voted one of the most scenic roads in the country for it’s beautiful ever-changing landscapes, made even more majestic during the annual Sandhill Crane migration!
- Outlaw Trail Scenic Byway: As the name suggests, many outlaws were rumored to hide out along this trail, including the notorious Jesse James. With views from winding rivers, Indian reservations and sandhills to waterfalls, forested bluffs and wildlife viewing, you won’t mind exploring the 231 mile jaunt to relive their tales either.