24/7 Roadside Assistance (NSD Membership)
The General® offers a Roadside Assistance plan that is administered by Nation Safe Drivers (NSD). This optional program provides 24-hour assistance for towing and other emergency services. This service is not part of the insurance policy but the fee is included as a convenience.
NSD / TOWBUSTERS PLAN B Coverage and Benefits could vary by State. Please read your Agreement Carefully.
EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE CONSISTS OF:
Limit: No more than five (5) service calls within twelve (12) month(s) membership period or no more than three (3) within six (6) month(s) membership period. You are entitled to one (1) covered service within a seventy two (72) hour period. Covered services not obtained through NSD are limited to a maximum reimbursement amount of fifty dollars ($50).
- Towing - Up to fifteen (15) miles at no out of pocket expense to You. Additional mileage is available and will be negotiated prior to sending out a service vehicle. Additional mileage is to be paid by You directly to the service provider at the time of service.
- Mechanical First Aid: Any minor adjustment that a dispatched service provider might perform to allow Your Covered Vehicle to proceed safely under its own power.
- Tire Service: Includes changing a flat tire with Your good spare.
- Battery Service: Jumpstart or boost a dead battery.
- Delivery Service: Including gasoline, water, oil, or any supplies necessary to send Your Covered Vehicle on its way. You are responsible for the actual cost of fluid and/or supplies delivered.
- Lockout Services: NSD will send a locksmith if You are accidentally locked out of Your Covered Vehicle. Access to passenger compartment only.
You will be reimbursed for automobile rental expenses incurred if repair work to the Covered Vehicle is necessitated by reason of an accident with another vehicle which occurred while this Membership is in effect. Reimbursement for Auto Rental shall be for an amount of up to fifteen dollars ($15) a day for up to five (5) days during each membership period. For each occurrence, eligibility for reimbursement shall not commence until the second (2nd) day of such auto rental. If You are reimbursed by any insurance carrier, NSD is not responsible to reimburse You. Please be advised that NSD will only reimburse during the repair period and NSD covers the rental reimbursement only (this does not include taxes, insurance or any other surcharges which may be incurred at the time of rental). It is hereby agreed and understood that this Membership will be excess of any other valid and/or collectables coverages.
Please note that selecting 24/7 Roadside Assistance along with Towing and/or Rental Reimbursement in certain situations could be duplication of coverage when an accident is involved. Please see your 24/7 Roadside Assistance contract for more details.
- Theft Hit & Run Protection: NSD will pay a person, (excluding Member or Member's family) five hundred dollars ($500) for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a person for the theft of Your Covered Vehicle or tagged valuable articles.
- Rental Car Discounts: You may access car rental discounts for: NATIONAL (1-877-222-9058 ID# XZ41148 PIN# NSD); THRIFTY (1-800-367-2277 ID# 0010027892); and ENTERPRISE (1-800-736-8222 ID# XZ41148 PIN# NSD)
- Concierge Benefits: You may contact NSD's Concierge center at 1-855-963-1683, and give the producer code number listed on the front of your Agreement, twenty four (24) hours a day / seven (7) days a week, to speak with a representative who will assist You with the following concierge services: a) emergency message relays to family friends or co-workers; b) hotel and rental car availability; c) ATM locations; d) locate medical facilities; e) theme park and local attraction information; f) restaurant locations; g) movie schedules and locations; h) directional assistance; i) traffic alerts; and j) sport scores. Please note: Services provided are for informational purposes ONLY. You are responsible for making any/all payment arrangements and for setting up benefits that require additional billing, such as the actual cost of hotel rooms, rental cars, etc. Payment is to be made directly by You to the providers, vendors or establishments.